Kindergarten registration for the 2015-2016 school year for the Franklin County R-II School District will be held on Thursday, March 5th from 1 p.m. - 2 p.m.
At this time they will discuss kindergarten readiness and the screening process. Parents will receive information about what the school would like children to know before entering Kindergarten.
For enrollment in Kindergarten this coming fall, your child must be 5 years old before the first August 1, 2015.
To register please bring your child’s birth certificate and immunization records. They will also need proof of residency, for example, a tax bill or utility bill with your address works the best.
All students in Kindergarten are required to have received the following immunizations before the first day of school.
1. Two doses of live measles vaccine on or after their first birthday.
2. Two doses of live mumps vaccine on or after their first birthday.
3. Two doses of live rubella vaccine on or after their first birthday.
4. At least three doses of polio vaccine, with the 3rd dose received on or after their 4th birthday.
5. At least four doses of DTP, with the last dose received on or after their fourth birthday.
6. Three doses of Hepatitis B vaccine.
7. Two doses of varicella (chickenpox) vaccine, or proof of disease. Proof of disease is a statement signed by a physician indicating the month and year the child had the chickenpox disease.
If you have any questions regarding enrollment or screening procedure, you may call the school office at 573-237-2414.